Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Concept Rides on Pedders
Chevrolet has rolled out a wild concept car at this week’s 2011 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, one that’s bound to get the hearts racing of children and grown men alike all over the world.
Chevrolet, with a little help from Hot Wheels, has created a life-size Hot Wheels Camaro Concept, which like many in the past will be offered as a collector’s edition 1:64-scale model.
The Camaro Hot Wheels concept is inspired by the “Custom Camaro”- the original Spectraflame 1:64-scale toy that was part of the first batch of 16 Hot Wheels cars released in 1968.
The new project was a collaborative effort between the General Motors Design studio in Michigan and the Hot Wheels Design studio in California. Each sketched its own ideas of a life-size Hot Wheels Camaro, compared notes and refined their visions until the concept hit the right note for each group of designers.
The standout feature of the concept is the paint job, which consists of a tinted top coat over a shiny base. A primer coat was first applied and then sprayed with a liquid-metal solution to create a mirror-smooth, silver-chrome base coat. Afterward, a green tint was applied in several layers until the just-right color effect was achieved.
Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Concept Features:
• Over Chrome Green paint with ghosted Hot Wheels logo on the quarter panels
• Satin black ground effects (splitter, rocker and rear fascia-side extensions)
• Satin black wheels with milled face and Torch Red stripe: 20×10-inch (front) and 20×11-inch (rear)
• ZL1 grille with Hot Wheels badging
• Hot Wheels badge on the decklid
• Euro-style taillamps with new inner smoked lens
• Euro-style rear fascia with new diffuser and exhaust bezels
• ZL1 rear spoiler
• Chevrolet Accessories Modified Satin Black Stripe
• Black aluminum “CAMARO” fender badges with milled face
• Black aluminum hood insert with milled hood vent extractors
• Chevrolet Accessories Synergy Series gill decals
• Black leather-wrapped IP and door inserts with Torch Red accents, and cut-and-sew flames
• Hot Wheels sill plates
• Hot Wheels cut-and-sew embroidered logos in the front seatbacks
• Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit
• Chevrolet Accessories footwell and cup holder lighting (red)
• Brembo brakes: six-piston front with two-piece rotors and four-piston calipers (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
• Suspension lowering kit by Pedders (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
• Chevrolet Accessories strut tower brace
• Chevrolet Accessories black engine cover
• Chevrolet Accessories exhaust system