- Pedders’ Commitment to Privacy
- The Information Pedders Collects
- Use of Personal Information
- How Pedders handles E-mail
- Security Measures
- Accessing and Changing your Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
- More Information about Privacy
Pedders’ Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to Pedders. To help you understand how Pedders works to protect your privacy, this notice explains its online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information that you submit from the Site is collected and used.
The Information Pedders Collects
On some pages on the Site, you can make requests for information, send e-mail messages, and register to receive our e-mail updates.
The types of personal information collected at these pages may include:
- E-mail address
- Phone numbers
- Vehicle details
On other pages on the Site, the web server at Pedders Internet Service Provider collects “cookies”. The purpose of these is to provide you with a customised service from a more effective website. A “cookies” is a text file that the Pedders web server places on your computer while you browse the Site. The Pedders web server can later retrieve these cookies if you visit again.
The Pedders web server allocates a cookie to each Internet browser that visits the Site. This cookie does not allow Pedders to collect any personally identifiable information about you. The Pedders web server uses this cookie:
- to allocate an unique identification number to your Internet browser (although we cannot identify you from this information);
- to identify pages you have accessed on the Site;
- to determine if you have previously visited the Site;
- to ensure that any customised settings that you made in a previous visit are retrieved.
If you wish to make full use of the Site, you should configure your Internet browser to accept cookies. If you do not, you will not have the benefit of some of these customised features.
General Information about your Visit to the Site
When you visit the Site ?even if your Internet browser is not configured to accept cookies ?the Pedders web server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the IP address of your server;
- your top level domain name (eg. .gov, .com, .org, etc);
- the previous site that you visited;
- the type of Internet browser that you are using.
Pedders will not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities without their consent. However in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency might exercise its legal authority to inspect the Pedders web server’s logs.
Use of Personal Information
Pedders will only use personal information that you submit using the Site for the following purposes:
- to answer any information request that you make;
- if you choose to permit us to do so, to send you promotional and other information about the Pedders Operators, their products and services, either by e-mail or by some other means;
- to allow us to further personalise the Site for you;
- for security purposes;
- to comply with any legal requirement.
If you complete an online form on the Site, Pedders will only receive the information you enter, if you actually submit the form. If you do not submit the form (for example if you log out of the form before submitting the information), the information you have entered on the form up to that point will not be received by the Pedders web server. However it may be stored by the Internet browser on the computer you are using, and you should check the settings on the computer you are using ?especially if third parties can access it.
Pedders will not share any personal information that it collects from the Site with third parties without your consent unless:
- it is required by law or for law enforcement;
- Pedders believes it is necessary to provide you with a service or with information that you have requested (for instance by referring your inquiry to a Pedders Operator);
- it is necessary to protect the rights or property of any member of the Pedders Group, any user of the Site, or any member of the public; or
- it is necessary to lessen a serious and imminent threat to a person's health safety or welfare, or a serious threat to public health or safety.
Pedders will not, without your consent, disclose or use the information for a secondary purpose except where that other purpose is related to the purpose for which you gave us the information, and there is a reasonable expectation that Pedders would disclose or use the information in those circumstances.
Failure to provide Pedders with requested personal information might restrict Pedders’ ability to deliver any requested information to you.
How Pedders handles E-mail
Pedders will save any e-mail or other inquiry that you send to Pedders using the Site, if Pedders believes that it has a legal requirement to do so.
In some cases, an e-mail link on the Site will lead direct to a third party such as a Pedders Operator who is in fact a Pedders franchisee. In those cases Pedders may not actually receive the e-mail from you.
The Site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Accordingly you should be aware that there are risks associated with transmitting information over the Internet, and that no one can guarantee that information passing over the Internet will not be intercepted or used by unauthorised third parties.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information that it has collected from users of the Site, Pedders has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Accessing and changing your Personal Information
You can access your personal information that Pedders collects online and maintains, by Contacting Pedders. Pedders uses this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can ask Pedders to correct factual errors in your personal information by sending Pedders a request that credibly shows the error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Pedders is committed to providing individuals with a fair and responsive system for handling and resolving complaints about their privacy. If at any time you wish to lodge a complaint in respect of Pedders?handling, use or disclosure of your personal information collected from the Site, you may notify Pedders of your complaint by Contacting Pedders. Pedders will endeavour to investigate and advise you of the outcome of any complaint within a reasonable time after receiving the complaint.
How to Contact Us
More Information about Privacy
If you are interested to know more about privacy issues and legislation in Australia we encourage you to visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.gov.au.
Version Number: 1.0
Date of Publication: 03/04/2003